Lodging Update October 13th, 2014
By William May
Published: 10/15/14 Topics: Comments:
Hooray, Hooray. October is official "Deep Cleaning & Property Survey" month. More about that below.
We are gearing up for Fall and Holiday bookings. In Leavenworth we're going through Oktoberfest or, as some call it, Oktober Crush.
At the beaches, Clam Dig seasons have been announced, just in time for guests to track in all the possible sand they can. At the mountains skiers are praying for snow.
Response to this week's Insider is mandatory, or you will be charge $1,000 per week to get them. (Just click on your hand email "Reply" button.)
Deep Cleans & Surveys - Attached are two forms that are to be filled out for every home you work on. Reach the Deep Clean checklist carefully indicating what needs to be done. The Survey is your wish list of fixes, improvements and updates you would love to have the owners do (include a price for anything you can do.)
Then fax or scan/email those off to Seattle. We will send them out to owners with a letter to get approval. After which you can start working.
>>> Please get these done within a week so we can schedule this week during the slower times.
Inspections - Now when we travel we do inspections of every unit. Most are good, but some need extra work. If you get a written inspection, take quick action and respond right away.
Talk More - Changes are inevitable. Schedules change. New issues arise. All of it is 100% manageable if - and only if - we communicate.
If you are scheduled to do something there are only two options (1) Do it and on time or (2) let people know well in advance if you can not do it. Voicemails don't count. Email's and texting don't count. You must communicate by phone or in person. You must try diligently to reach the person.
Getting Fired - Being in a service business property owners hold us highly accountable. They don't understand when we don't talk with each other. If you have a problem telephone the other person repeatedly to collaborate.
Start a new habit today - meet deadlines, or confer very very closely with the person who is counting on you. If the task is yours, the responsibility for reporting or getting approval for a deadline is yours.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
THIS ISSUES TEST QUESTIONS:
Rush your answers to me. First winner gets a stress free year.
(1) When we post electronic payments to you, who determines when it gets into your account?
(2) When a member is late turning in weekly requests, how long is payment delayed?
(3) When there is a holiday, when should payroll and member payments be expected?
(4) Do you know your logon and password?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
LAST ISSUES TEST ANSWERS:
(1) What is a "Check Up Clean?" Going to a unit just to make sure its clean.
(2) What is a "Freshen Clean?" During Check up if you need to dust, sweep or do quick cleaning.
(3) What is an "Out Clean?" The Normal and usual cleaning done after the guest departs.
(4) Who is on the "Clean Team?" You are. Housekeepers first of course, but everyone must inspect and report.
Author: William May – Manager, Plumbob Publishing
Blog #: 0374 – 10/15/14
- Goldener Inns
- Ocean Shores WA
- Sunspots Vacation Rentals
- Vacation Rentals
- Vortex Managers
- Westport WA